Here’s an easy way into the 8-Step Study Method, (click on link to view on Amazon
1. Get ready with a textbook, a notebook and some coloured biros (at least two different colours), or a pencil and eraser.
2. Select some text you have to read, make notes and remember. It might be a chapter or if the chapter is long, part of a chapter; perhaps 2-3 pages, a ‘manageable chunk’.
3. Open to page xi in the book, Brainpower Smart Study – ‘A first look at the Brainpower Smart Study 8-step Method’.
Read about Step 1.
Then follow instructions for Step 1 in your part chapter of your textbook.
Read about Step 2.
Then follow instructions for Step 2.
And so on through all 8 steps, to the end of page xii.
Refer to the wheel diagram on page x as you go.
Should only take you 30 minutes or so.
There, you have the method!
Repeat with each part chapter you need to study.
For a full explanation of each step, and why it matches recent discoveries in neuroscience, read the rest of the book, Chapters 1-9.
Read a chapter while following instructions in your reading material.
Read the next chapter, following instructions in your reading material.
Chapters 10 – 17 are additional information about:
- best timing for regular review
- using mnemonics (memory aids)
- memory mapping, etc.
Chapter 15 suggests to teach someone else the method.
That’s a good idea. Pass it on.
Email me about how you get on and how many people you’ve introduced to the 8-Step Method.
Feel free to adapt, change, revise, and apply the method in different ways.